On its own, self love as a practice can be difficult.
Add societal pressures and expectations into the mix and it can feel downright impossible!
We live in a culture where comparing yourself to others is the norm. We spend hours on social media every day, where we (sometimes obsessively) follow celebrities, influencers, and normal people who share every aspect of their seemingly perfect lives. As humans, we instinctively take these things and compare them to our own lives.
In the whirlwind of comparisons, it’s easy to feel inadequate. We become caught up in the perfectly crafted image others put out there and fixate on the “lack” we have in our own lives.
Needless to say, this isn’t a very conducive mindset for allowing self love to flourish!
That’s where this self love bath ritual comes into play.
By taking a few minutes to nourish your body, mind, and soul, you can foster feelings of self love within yourself.
Best of all, this only takes 20-30 minutes of your time. You could easily make it a part of your weekly self-care routine.
What you need for this self love bath ritual:
- 1-2 drops of jasmine essential oil
- 1-2 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 1-2 drops of orange essential oil
- 1 tsp carrier oil
- Crystals (I’ve listed some suggestions down below)
- Candles or incense
- A bath-safe activity that you enjoy, such as relaxing music or a favorite book
While I have suggested several items that you can use for the ritual, don’t feel as though you need to have all (or any!) of them. The power of intent already lies within you, the tools are simply there to help enhance your own personal energy.
Step one: Place your crystals
Crystals are a great way to raise your vibration and enhance certain qualities in your life.
To use crystals for the bath ritual, place them around the room.
Never put crystals in your bath water. Some crystals dissolve or even become toxic when exposed to water, which we don’t want! Accidentally poisoning yourself is not the best way to practice self love.
I usually place them on the edge of the bathtub or on the counter in the bathroom. Just having them close is enough to feel their vibrations.
Here are some suggested crystals to help promote feelings of self love:
- Green aventurine: balances emotions, opens your heart to love, and promotes a healthy outlook on life
- Green calcite: encourages compassion, opens your heart to love, and helps you to be aware of the love you deserve
- Pink calcite: activates loving thoughts, opens the heart chakra, encourages you to love and nurture yourself, and increases your ability to give and receive love
- Kambamba jasper: offers protection from negative thoughts and influences, promotes feelings of inner peace, and opens the heart to loving oneself
- Rose quartz: attracts love, provides comfort, and helps you to accept love from others
- Rhodocrosite: promotes self love and compassion, give courage to love yourself fully, and helps in overcoming emotional turmoil
- Pink tourmaline: encourages compassion for oneself, promotes positive self image, and helps you to find unconditional love for yourself
- Clear quartz: enhances the properties of all of these crystals
You definitely don’t need all of these crystals, just picking one or two types is enough.
If you could only pick a few, my personal picks would be rhodocrosite, rose quartz, and clear quartz.
As always, if you have a crystal that you resonate with that isn’t on the list, use it!
Step two: Run your bath
Fill the bath with warm, but not hot, water. As the tub is filling, imagine that the water is filled with love, confidence, and peace. You’re not only filling the tub with water, you’re filling it with these energies.
Step three: Add essential oils
Dilute 1-2 drops each of jasmine, chamomile, and orange essential oils in a teaspoon of carrier oil. I personally use sweet almond, but use whatever you prefer.
These oils have the following properties:
- Jasmine: attracts love, enhances self confidence, and uplifts the spirit
- Chamomile: relaxes and comforts the spirit
- Orange: attracts love, abundance, and happiness
When the bath is roughly half full, pour your oils into the water.
Step four: Empower the bathwater with a mantra
Using your hand, stir the oils into the water in a clockwise motion to thoroughly mix them and infuse the water with their properties.
As you do so, repeat a mantra to further solidify your intent. A good example for this ritual would be:
I am worthy. I am enough. I am full of love for myself.
Continue to repeat this mantra either aloud or in your head until you feel as though the water has been infused with your energy.
Step five: Enjoy the bath
Once the tub is full, light some candles or incense (always practice fire safety!) and get in. If you’re planning on listening to music, put that on now.
Allow the water to cover your body and the positive energies contained within to wash over you. Close your eyes, take some deep breaths and repeat your mantra again.
Really feel the meaning behind the words.
Feel the love flowing through your veins.
When you’re ready, open your eyes. Spend the rest of your time in the bath enjoying whatever activity you chose. You could meditate, listen to some soothing music, or read a book. The important thing is that whatever you’re doing makes you feel good.
Once you’re finished in the bath, put on your comfiest pair of pajamas, make a cup of tea or hot chocolate, and spend the evening doing something you enjoy.
I really hope you’ve enjoyed this self love bath ritual. What are some ways that you practice self love? Let me know in the comments below!