When someone mentions energetic or spiritual cleansing, often the first thing that comes to mind is smoke cleansing. You know, the smoking palo santo sticks or sage bundles with abalone shells that permeate images of cleansing.
However, smoke cleansing isn’t always an option:
Maybe you live in a dorm or apartment where flames aren’t allowed.
Maybe you have small pets with sensitive lungs.
Or maybe you just don’t like the smell of burning herbs!
Whatever your reasoning, it can be confusing trying to figure out how exactly to cleanse your space without smoke.
That’s why I created a super-simple variation of my non-toxic room spray that does double duty– not only does it smell amazing, it also helps to clear away any stagnant or negative energies in your environment.
I’ll start off with the basic recipe, which works great on it own.
Afterwards, I’ll give you some tips and tricks to supercharge your cleansing spray to make it even more effective.
What you’ll need for this energy cleansing spray:
- Glass bottles – either one 4oz or two 2oz
- Distilled water
- Isopropyl alcohol or vodka
- Clove essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Orange essential oil
Start by adding your essential oils to your glass bottles
- 15 drops of clove essential oil – clove has strong protective properties and helps to keep negativity at bay. It also is commonly used for exorcism and banishing rituals due to its powerful ability to cast away negativity
- 15 drops of rosemary essential oil – rosemary is a purifying herb and works wonderfully for both removing and protecting against negativity (be mindful of the fact that pregnant women are advised to stay away from rosemary. Always check with a trained aromatherapist before using any essential oils while pregnant)
- 10 drops of orange essential oil – orange promotes feelings of peace, happiness, and joy. By using it in conjunction with two oils that remove negativity from a room, orange helps to fill the space with these positive traits
Add one tablespoon of the alcohol to your bottle. This helps to keep the mixture shelf stable. It also aids in mixing the oils with the water and dispersing the spray in the air.
Add your distilled water. It is important to use distilled water, as regular tap water may contain impurities that could cause the spray to spoil.
And that’s it! All you need to do is cap the bottle and shake it up.
How to use the energy cleansing spray:
Using the spray is really simple. All you need to do spritz it into the room you would like to cleanse. As you do so, imagine that the spray is purifying the air and carrying any negativity away.
While the basic recipe for this is potent enough to cleanse a room, I have a few suggestions for amping up the power of this spray even more:
1. Use moon water
The first, and definitely easiest, way to amp up the power of this energy cleansing spray is to use moon water.
Moon water is water that has been charged under the light of the moon. While any moon water will up the effectiveness, waning moon water is best. The waning moon is associated with banishing unwanted energies and situations, making it a good option for this spray.
2. Charge the energy cleansing spray with a crystal grid
Crystal grids are a great way to charge any item. All you need to do is place the item you’re charging — in this case, the spray — in the middle and arrange your crystals around it.
This is a picture of how I’d typically make a grid for charging my spray
The crystals I’ve chosen are:
- Selenite: clears away negative energy
- Sunstone: brings in positive energy and aids in lifting depression
- Rose quartz: attracts feelings of love and comfort
- Black tourmaline: removes negative energy
- Moonstone: promotes emotional and spiritual balance
- Clear quartz: amplifies the properties of the other stones
Don’t feel limited to these suggestions! You can use any combination of crystals that have the properties you’d like to imbue your spray with.
3. Charge the spray with your intention
Just like any other object, this spray can be charged with your intent!
Hold the spray in your projective hand (for most people this is their dominant hand) and close your eyes. Imagine energy flowing from your hand and into the bottle that is carrying your intent. In this case, it would be for the spray to banish any and all negative energy from the area.
Continue this until you feel that it has been charged enough for your liking.
These three methods can supercharge the effectiveness of the spray.
Hopefully this post helped to bring you one step closer to creating a positive environment. As always, if you have any questions about how to make this spray or if you try it yourself, please leave a comment below!